MicroStrategy receives highest overall rating compared to 25 different vendors
Leading independent analyst firm Dresner Advisory Services has rated MicroStrategy the number one overall offering out of 25 vendors for Mobile Computing / Mobile Business Intelligence (BI). This is the third year in a row that MicroStrategy has topped the list of vendors included in Dresner’s Wisdom of Crowds® Mobile Computing / Mobile BI Market Study.
Highlights from the study include:
- Users in Sales & Marketing business functions have been among the earliest adopters of Mobile BI.
- Top perceived benefits include pervasive access to information, better and faster decision-making, and better support for increasingly mobile and customer-facing workforce.
- As in 2011 and 2012, Apple’s iOS devices remain the top priority in terms of what devices organizations are using or plan to use, followed by Android smartphones.
- Also notable is the continued decline in the RIM Blackberry platform—with more than 50% of respondents indicating “no interest.”
- From a vertical industry perspective, Retail & Wholesale assign Mobile BI the highest importance and have been among the most ambitious in its adoption—with many examples of excellent use cases related to store and field management.
- For the most popular mobile platforms (iOS, Android) users still have a strong preference for native apps over web apps.
“Mobile Computing / Mobile BI is not only becoming more pervasive in and across organizations, it’s becoming much more mature and advanced,” said Howard Dresner, Founder and Chief Research Officer, Dresner Advisory Services, and author of the 2013 Wisdom of Crowds® Mobile Computing / Mobile BI Market Study. “Users’ needs have shifted away from simple viewing of charts / reports and KPIs in favor of more sophisticated capabilities including data selection and filtering / drill-down navigation.
“For the third year in a row, the study rated MicroStrategy the top Mobile BI offering with the highest overall score for Mobile Computing / Mobile BI among all 25 vendors rated.”
“Leading organizations have leveraged MicroStrategy to mobilize various parts of their enterprises in innovative ways—both out in the field and in the office,” said Paul Zolfaghari, President, MicroStrategy Incorporated. “The results of the survey, reflecting both independent analysts’ and actual customers’ views, demonstrate that MicroStrategy Mobile has the breadth of capabilities and ease-of-use to make compelling native mobile apps a reality in organizations.”
To receive a free copy of the 2013 Wisdom of Crowds® Mobile Computing / Mobile BI Market Study report, compliments of MicroStrategy, visit http://info.microstrategy.com/LP=189.